Ofsted and SIAMS Reports
The school was last inspected on the 2nd and 3rd February, 2023.
Our report is testament to the hard work of all our staff, the commitment of parents and the positive attitude to learning of our pupils. The new inspection framework is extremely rigorous and we are delighted that Ofsted point out the following:
- Students are proud to attend their school
- Leaders are ambitious for all pupils, including those with special educational needs
- Teachers have high standards for students' academic achievement and their behaviour
- The atmosphere around school is calm and respectful
- Pupils benefit from the opportunities for their wider development
- A strong sense of school community
- Leaders and governors share a clear vision for the quality of education
- Subject leaders have thoughtfully considered the essential knowledge that they want pupils to gain
- Teachers use their expert knowledge to teach the curriculum effectively
- Staff are well trained to identify and address the needs of pupils with SEND
- Pupils with SEND have access to the same ambitious curriculum as their peers. They achieve well
- Leaders prioritise reading
- A range of programmes helps pupils to develop fluency and a love of reading
- The school library is a hub of activity
- Pupils behave well around the school and in lessons
- Following the pandemic, leaders have secured ongoing improvements to pupils’ rates of attendance
- Leaders have devised a high-quality programme to support pupils’ wider development
- Leaders actively and effectively seek ways to engage with their local community
The full report which finds that Balshaw's is a really good school can be seen on the Ofsted page here.
Department for Education: School and College Performance Tables
Our information from the Department for Education: School and College performance table can be found here.
You can see the Department for Education: School and College full performance table here.
Ofsted - Parent View Your Child's School
For more information, please see here.
SIAMS (Statutory Inspection of Anglican and Methodist Schools)
We had a SIAMS inspection on Thursday 11th July 2019. The inspection declared Balshaw's to be an Excellent Church School. You can read the full report here.