Chartwells are the catering suppliers for Balshaw's Church of England High School.
There are some exciting themed days in the Restaurant and you can find more details below:
Please see the link for the Parent Survey here.
Please see the link for the Student Survey here.
Free School Meals
Students who are eligible for free school meals will get an automatic daily allowance of £2.40 for lunchtime. This allowance can be seen by the restaurant staff when students pay for their food and drinks. The allowance will not show on the money loader machines (Reval).
Any extra money added to the account by families (via ParentPay) or the student (in cash) will show on the money loader machines.
Please note that if students buy food and drink at break time and have a free school meal allowance then this will be deducted from the £2.40 and therefore the student may not have enough money for their lunch. Should students chose to buy food and drink at break time, we may need to contact home for additional money to be added to the account for lunchtime.
Gluten Free Options
There are 3 options on offer and they are; gluten free pasta for a hot option, gluten free sandwich and also the offer of a jacket potato.
Roast Dinners are also a gluten free option on the main menu on a Wednesday and we will also offer gluten free fishfingers/chips on a Friday.
Students are asked to pre-order on a weekly basis and then food can be prepared without cross contamination.
School Menus can be seen in the images and flipbook below or here:
The Tariff can be found below:
Please see Chartwells Medical Diets: Our Policy in Secondary Schools here or in the image below
- All of the food prepared with seasonally fresh, locally sourced high quality ingredients
- Trinity menu with delicious hearty and wholesome meals to try - for example - penne pasta vegetable bake, roast topside of beef with crispy roast potatoes, or chilli with rice
- Cool drinking water, yoghurt and fresh fruit are available daily
- A brand new grab and go offer with a range of items to choose from
- Trattoria pizza, our exciting pizza offer- great to tear and share at lunchtime!
- A great range of high street brands at real value
- Freshly made paninis with a variety of fillings
Chartwells operates a cashless system and the three methods pay are as follows:
- Online payment using Parent Pay (this is the preferred method of payment) . Please contact school if you need a code
- Cash - there are payment machines by the dining room. Students can add money to their own account using these machines with their pin number or using the biometric fingerprint system. Please contact school if you need more information about the biometric fingerprint system
- Cheques made payable to Chartwells
If you require any further information then please feel free to call our Regional Manager, Sharon Stainthorpe on 07383095039. In the meantime, if you would like to find out more about us, please find as at http://www.eatlearnlive.co.uk/.
Please see Chartwells Healthy Eating Policy Statement here.
Please see the Chartwells Healthy Eating Policy for Schools here.
Please see the Chartwells Special Diet Procedure here
THE EATWELL GUIDE
There is a new UK healthy eating model called The Eatwell Guide and as a School we are supporting this.
In the guide it tells us the following.
- Eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day
- Base meals on potatoes, bread, rice, pasta or other starchy carbohydrates; choosing higher fibre or wholegrain versions where possible
- Have some dairy or dairy alternatives (such as soya drinks); choosing lower fat and lower sugar options
- Eat some beans, pulses, fish, eggs, meat and other protein each day, e.g. tofu, mycoprotein (include two portions of fish every week, one of which should be oily)
- Choose unsaturated oils and spreads and eat in small amounts
- Drink 6-8 cups/glasses of fluid a day